How does caffeine affect fibromyalgia?

There's no evidence that caffeine aggravates fibromyalgia -- but too much of the stuff can cause dips and spikes in energy throughout the day, give you the jitters, exacerbate tummy troubles, and make it hard to sleep. So you might want to nix the java or keep it to a morning ritual if you have caffeine sensitivity. If you suspect caffeine could be causing you trouble, try weaning yourself over a few days, and track your symptoms in a journal.

Continue Learning about Fibromyalgia and Diet

Should I avoid yeast and gluten if I have fibromyalgia?
If you have fibromyalgia and you're considering cutting out yeast and gluten, talk to your docto...
How do omega-3 fatty acids help reduce fibromyalgia pain?
In a very small preliminary study involving people with nerve impingement syndromes, burn injuries, ...
Are sugary foods bad for people with fibromyalgia?
Jacob TeitelbaumJacob Teitelbaum
Sugar can increase blood sugar swings associated with adrenal fatigue, and these drops in blood suga...
Can My Diet Affect My Fibromyalgia?
Can My Diet Affect My Fibromyalgia?