How might my desire for sex change with fibromyalgia?

Fibromyalgia pain and/or fatigue may decrease your desire for sex. You may find sex uncomfortable or exhausting. This can be difficult to accept and deal with, but with good communication and support from your partner, it is possible to enjoy intimacy even if you feel a decrease in desire. Your doctor may also be able to prescribe medications to increase your sex drive.
Some evenings you just might find yourself saying: Not tonight, dear, I have fibromyalgia. This condition can leave you feeling like you were run over by a Humvee -- tired, aching, and not at all sexy. When that's the case, it's important for you and your partner to be honest and open about sex. Don't worry, having fibromyalgia doesn't douse the flames of passion. You just need to recognize that now and then your desire may be trumped by your fibromyalgia symptoms.

You may also need to change the way you make love with your partner. Some positions may be more comfortable for you than others, for example. Again, being honest, open, and especially open-minded can help you continue to enjoy a satisfying sex life.

Continue Learning about Living With Fibromyalgia

Can I live a normal life with fibromyalgia?
With smart and sometimes very small adjustments, your life can be much the same as it was before fib...
What lifestyle changes can improve my health with fibromyalgia?
Dawn MarcusDawn Marcus
When you have fibromyalgia, you don't need additional health problems caused by unhealthy lifestyle ...
To Cope With Fatigue, Give Into It
To Cope With Fatigue, Give Into It
Use Yoga to Soothe Pain and Sleep Better