What questions should I ask my fitness club if I have fibromyalgia?

Make sure your fitness club has a pool and classes like "gentle yoga" are good for you too.  Having been a trainer for several fibromyalgia sufferers I know that there are good days and bad days and I urge you to go into the gym even on your bad days if you are having more than 3 bad days a week. Stay home on one of your bad days and rest but if the bad days persist I would ask you to at least sit or walk through a pool trying to keep a good level of blood circulation as this is crucial for pain relief throughout your day. On good days if you can tolerate a gentle massage I would suggest your fitness club has an onsite massage therapist that can give you a good, gentle massage as well. A workout partner or trainer to talk you through certain exercises would be an added benefit to help you stay accountable so you can reach your fitness goals even through your most painful of days. 

Continue Learning about Fibromyalgia and Exercise

What questions will help me select a personal trainer for my fibromyalgia?
Dede BonnerDede Bonner
Having a personal trainer who understands your exercise needs and physical limitations can be a wond...
What kind of exercise can people with fibromyalgia do?
National Fibromyalgia & Chronic Pain AssociationNational Fibromyalgia & Chronic Pain Association
There is increasing evidence that a regular exercise routine is essential for people with fibromyalg...
How Does Exercise Help Reduce Fibromyalgia Pain?
Why Is Exercise Important to Managing Chronic Pain?