How can I help my doctor diagnose fibromyalgia?

To help your doctor diagnose fibromyalgia, keep track of and report all of your symptoms. Note any changes in your symptoms as sometimes symptoms come and go. Ask questions while your doctor tests you for other illnesses to eliminate them as the source of your pain. Make sure that your doctor is knowledgeable about fibromyalgia. Your doctor should be open and honest with you about your condition and treatment.

Continue Learning about Fibromyalgia Diagnosis

How do I know if my pain is from fibromyalgia?
To determine if your pain is from fibromyalgia, your doctor will perform a physical exam and discuss...
What is the prognosis for a person diagnosed with fibromyalgia?
The prognosis for fibromyalgia can vary dramatically from person to person. There is a wide range of...
Why Is Exercise Important to Managing Chronic Pain?
What Are Common Myths About Fibromyalgia?