How can my partner best help me with my fibromyalgia?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing
Dealing with fibromyalgia is always a team effort for a couple when one person is living with the condition. You and your partner should be willing to talk openly about your fibromyalgia. You may need to adjust household roles and responsibilities to accommodate your fibromyalgia treatment, and your partner should be willing to discuss these changes and help put them into action. For example, your partner can help you commit to a new sleep schedule or bedtime routine that eases the symptoms of fibromyalgia. The two of you can attend support-group meetings together; these can be beneficial for people with fibromyalgia and their loved ones. Finally, enjoying moderate exercise together, such as an evening walk, and committing to eating healthy meals together are great ways to deal with fibromyalgia as a duo and will lead to healthier lives for both of you.

Continue Learning about Caring for a Loved One with Fibromyalgia

What questions will help me and my spouse deal with my fibromyalgia?
Dede BonnerDede Bonner
Fibromyalgia profoundly affects relationships, marriages, and long-term partnerships. Being in const...
How can my fibromyalgia affect my family?
Dawn MarcusDawn Marcus
Women with fibromyalgia often worry that their symptoms will disrupt family life when they are unabl...