When does the sense of hearing develop in a fetus?

Though we're sure you wouldn't want your baby to hear everything that you do, the truth is that the fetus can hear. The predominant sounds include the churning, whirring, and whooshing of things like blood running through your blood vessels and the movement of your stomach and intestines. Believe it or not, it can get quite loud in there.
YOU: Having a Baby: The Owner's Manual to a Happy and Healthy Pregnancy

Can I get a cavity filled while pregnant? Will avoiding spicy foods make my kid a picky eater? Can I really increase my baby's IQ while she's in utero? Whether you're pregnant for the first time,...

Continue Learning about Fetal Development Basics & Pregnancy

When should pregnant women start feeling fetal movement?
Eastern Idaho Regional Medical CenterEastern Idaho Regional Medical Center
Pregnant women typically start feeling fetal movement during the second trimester, commonly between ...
How are fingerprints formed in the womb?
Innumerable environmental factors influence the formation of fingerprints, including the exact posit...
How does a non-stress test measure a fetus's heart rate?
Performed in the third trimester, this test monitors the fetus's heart rate as a sign of his health....
Which tests can diagnose impairment in my fetus?
Boston Women's Health Book CollectiveBoston Women's Health Book Collective
Three types of tests screen for or diagnose potential impairments in the fetus are:-The first type i...