When does the sense of hearing develop in a fetus?

Though we're sure you wouldn't want your baby to hear everything that you do, the truth is that the fetus can hear. The predominant sounds include the churning, whirring, and whooshing of things like blood running through your blood vessels and the movement of your stomach and intestines. Believe it or not, it can get quite loud in there.
YOU: Having a Baby: The Owner's Manual to a Happy and Healthy Pregnancy

Can I get a cavity filled while pregnant? Will avoiding spicy foods make my kid a picky eater? Can I really increase my baby's IQ while she's in utero? Whether you're pregnant for the first time,...

Continue Learning about Fetal Development Basics & Pregnancy

How does a non-stress test measure a fetus's heart rate?
Performed in the third trimester, this test monitors the fetus's heart rate as a sign of his health....
Why is birth weight plotted on a bell curve?
The classic bell curve helps make a vital point about how your baby's weight in the womb influences ...
When should I contact my healthcare provider if counting my baby's kicks?
Count the KicksCount the Kicks
If you are counting your baby's kicks, do the following: Call your provider if your baby has less...
How does music affect a developing fetus?
We encourage you to listen to all kinds of music during and after pregnancy. This will help stimulat...