When should I contact my healthcare provider if counting my baby's kicks?

If you are counting your baby's kicks, do the following:

• Call your provider if your baby has less than 10 movements in two hours.
  • Call your provider if your baby has a significant or sudden change in movements.
  • Do not wait 24 hours when there is no fetal movement or significant changes in the movements.
  • When in doubt, contact your provider.

Continue Learning about Fetal Development Basics & Pregnancy

What is an embryo?
An embryo is the medical term used for a developing baby from the moment the fertilized egg implants...
What tests can be done if my baby isn't kicking enough?
First CandleFirst Candle
Once you report decreased activity, your doctor should have you come to the office or go directly to...
What can my baby sense in the womb?
You may think, as your baby grows inside of you, that he's floating around in a muted, dark place th...
How often does my baby move in the womb?
Unless you've got a counter, it's hard to keep up. At 20 weeks, the average is about 200 movements a...