What should I do if I can't feel my baby move during the third trimester?

If you cannot feel the baby move during kick counts in the third trimester, drink a glass of juice or cold water or walk around for a few minutes, then start counting again. If you still do not feel your baby move, call your healthcare provider right away! Don’t wait!

Continue Learning about Fetal Development Basics & Pregnancy

Should I read aloud to my baby before he's born?
While fetuses hear much the way that we hear a next-door stereo (lots of bass, not a lot of high...
What are the big developmental milestones during pregnancy?
Here's what's happening at week number… 6. The heart and a big part of the lungs are formed, as wel...
Why is birth weight plotted on a bell curve?
The classic bell curve helps make a vital point about how your baby's weight in the womb influences ...
Can exposure to loud noises damage an unborn baby's hearing?
The way babies' hearing works (and ours, too) is that sound waves stimulate little hairs attached to...