Breathing problems will not become apparent until the infant does in fact start to breathe air. Prenatal ultrasound can detect some structural heart problems in the unborn child, and some of these may secondarily affect the lungs and/or cause respiratory problems in their own right.
- Q Will I deliver my baby early if I have IUGR?
- Q What is the role of Vitamin B6 in fetal development?
- Q What role do T cells and B cells play in fetal immunity?
- Q What is an embryo?
- Q What immune defenses does the fetus have?
- Q Which tests can diagnose impairment in my fetus?