Breathing problems will not become apparent until the infant does in fact start to breathe air. Prenatal ultrasound can detect some structural heart problems in the unborn child, and some of these may secondarily affect the lungs and/or cause respiratory problems in their own right.
- Q Do babies kick less near the end of pregnancy?
- Q Should I read aloud to my baby before he's born?
- Q What tests can be done if my baby isn't kicking enough?
- Q What should I do if my unborn baby isn't growing properly?
- Q How does music affect a developing fetus?
- Q How often should I feel my baby move during pregnancy?