What should I know about the safety of headache medicines when pregnant?

The primary headache medication that is recommended for use during pregnancy is acetaminophen. Acetaminophen has a long history of being safe during pregnancy. Ibuprofen is not recommended during pregnancy.

Continue Learning about Pregnancy, Fertility and Childbirth

If I'm pregnant in the Southeast U.S., how do I prevent getting Zika virus?
Baptist Health South FloridaBaptist Health South Florida
If you are pregnant in the Southeast U.S., you can prevent getting Zika virus by not traveling to ar...
Why do women feel tired during pregnancy?
There are three primary factors that contribute to feeling tired during pregnancy. In the early half...
What is Centering Pregnancy?
Paula GreerPaula Greer
Centering Pregnancy moves prenatal care from the exam room into group space to integrate the three m...
How should I care for my stitches after an episiotomy?
Brigham and Women's HospitalBrigham and Women's Hospital
It takes two to four weeks for the skin to heal after an episiotomy. Your stitches may feel uncomfor...