What is Rh incompatibility?

Rh incompatibility is when a pregnant woman has Rh-negative blood and the baby she is carrying has Rh-positive blood. The danger associated with this condition is that the mother's immune system makes antibodies against the Rh-positive blood cells. If these antibodies cross the placenta, they will try to destroy the baby's red blood cells. There are special immunoglobulin that now can be used to prevent RH incompatibility.

Continue Learning about Pregnancy, Fertility and Childbirth

My Advice to Jessica Simpson on Pregnancy Weight Gain
Hello, my name is Nicole, and I’m a recovering over-indulger. (Everyone say, “Hi Nicole!”) I’m also pregnant with my second child. When I found out I ...
How can I feel intimate with my partner after childbirth?
Missey Moe-CookMissey Moe-Cook
Having the perineal tissues tear during childbirth happens quite often. There are ways to avoid a te...
Should You Hire a Doula? 10 Things to Keep in Mind
Should You Hire a Doula? 10 Things to Keep in MindShould You Hire a Doula? 10 Things to Keep in MindShould You Hire a Doula? 10 Things to Keep in MindShould You Hire a Doula? 10 Things to Keep in Mind
Though only six percent of women hire them to help with pregnancy, doulas offer real benefits.
What Are the Risks for Pregnancy After Age 40?