What should I do if I'm pregnant and have headaches?

Headaches during pregnancy require attention from your healthcare providers. Many who suffer from migraines do better during pregnancy. However, some of the most common treatments for headaches are not safe for the baby and need to be stopped. Also, a headache can be a signal of other problems in the pregnancy. Any sort of headache is cause for a discussion with your healthcare providers. Conversations about headache management can also be useful before getting pregnant to help you get on a safe regimen for the baby.

Continue Learning about Pregnancy, Fertility and Childbirth

My Advice to Jessica Simpson on Pregnancy Weight Gain
Hello, my name is Nicole, and I’m a recovering over-indulger. (Everyone say, “Hi Nicole!”) I’m also pregnant with my second child. When I found out I ...
What is Centering Pregnancy?
Paula GreerPaula Greer
Centering Pregnancy moves prenatal care from the exam room into group space to integrate the three m...
Is it better to consult a doctor or a nurse-midwife for my pregnancy?
St. David’s HealthCareSt. David’s HealthCare
It is better to consult a doctor rather than a nurse-midwife for your pregnancy under certain circum...
What Is Hyperemesis Gravidarum?
What Is Hyperemesis Gravidarum?