How can I help prevent vaginal dryness after childbirth?

Hilda Y. Hutcherson, MD
OBGYN (Obstetrics & Gynecology)

As estrogen levels drop after pregnancy, you may experience vaginal dryness, a problem that can be compounded if you’re breast­feeding by rising levels of the hormone prolactin. Try using a personal lubricant like the to add moisture to dry vaginal tissues.

The Good in Bed Guide to Sex and the Baby Years

Available at a substantial discount for a limited time only, thanks to support from K-Y(R) Brand!Once you get down to the business of baby-making, the advice will pour in: books, magazines, in-laws,...

Continue Learning about Pregnancy, Fertility and Childbirth

One More Reason to Be Healthy During Pregnancy
There’s a tabloid term - pregorexia – that describes a mother-to-be on a starvation diet. Nicole Kidman (2 kids) and Victoria Beckham (4 kids) are oft...
What can cause a protruding bulge in the upper abdominal region?
A protruding bulge in the upper abdominal region could signify a number of different conditions,...
Should You Hire a Doula? 10 Things to Keep in Mind
Should You Hire a Doula? 10 Things to Keep in MindShould You Hire a Doula? 10 Things to Keep in MindShould You Hire a Doula? 10 Things to Keep in MindShould You Hire a Doula? 10 Things to Keep in Mind
Though only six percent of women hire them to help with pregnancy, doulas offer real benefits.
What Medications Should I Avoid If I'm Pregnant or Trying to Get Pregnant?