What precautions should I take if I am pregnant with multiples?

It's especially important to monitor your nutritional intake and make sure you're getting enough protein. Since back pain is more common in women carrying multiples, pay close attention to your exercise routine after checking with your doctor to make sure it is okay (swimming is a good option) and be conscious of your posture throughout the day. Sometimes women report that a maternity belt helps relieve the low back pain associated with a larger abdomen throwing your center of balance off. You may also need to be on bed rest toward the end of pregnancy. Trust your doctor to help provide these guidelines.
YOU: Having a Baby: The Owner's Manual to a Happy and Healthy Pregnancy

Can I get a cavity filled while pregnant? Will avoiding spicy foods make my kid a picky eater? Can I really increase my baby's IQ while she's in utero? Whether you're pregnant for the first time,...

Continue Learning about Pregnancy, Fertility and Childbirth

Avoiding 21st Century Hazards While You’re Pregnant
"Can you hear me now?” “Can you hear me now? ”  When actor Paul Marcarelli uttered that phrase -- over, and over, and over again -- in a mobile phone ...
How is squatting helpful for me during pregnancy?
Boston Women's Health Book CollectiveBoston Women's Health Book Collective
One particular exercise that is helpful to pregnant women is squatting. Squatting is the natural pos...
Should You Hire a Doula? 10 Things to Keep in Mind
Should You Hire a Doula? 10 Things to Keep in MindShould You Hire a Doula? 10 Things to Keep in MindShould You Hire a Doula? 10 Things to Keep in MindShould You Hire a Doula? 10 Things to Keep in Mind
Though only six percent of women hire them to help with pregnancy, doulas offer real benefits.
Can Petite Women Safely Give Birth Vaginally?