What precautions should I take if I am pregnant with multiples?

It's especially important to monitor your nutritional intake and make sure you're getting enough protein. Since back pain is more common in women carrying multiples, pay close attention to your exercise routine after checking with your doctor to make sure it is okay (swimming is a good option) and be conscious of your posture throughout the day. Sometimes women report that a maternity belt helps relieve the low back pain associated with a larger abdomen throwing your center of balance off. You may also need to be on bed rest toward the end of pregnancy. Trust your doctor to help provide these guidelines.
YOU: Having a Baby: The Owner's Manual to a Happy and Healthy Pregnancy

Can I get a cavity filled while pregnant? Will avoiding spicy foods make my kid a picky eater? Can I really increase my baby's IQ while she's in utero? Whether you're pregnant for the first time,...

Continue Learning about Pregnancy, Fertility and Childbirth

Pregnancy and Opioid Addiction
Pregnancy and Opioid Addiction
Alicia Keyes craved root beer floats while pregnant with her second child, Genesis; Victoria Beckham was marmalade-crazed while carrying daughter Harp...
What is pregnancy?
Dr. Teneisha C. Davis, MDDr. Teneisha C. Davis, MD
Pregnancy is defined as the interval of time when an egg is fertilized to birth.  This process usual...
What should I keep in mind during pregnancy?
Riverside Health SystemRiverside Health System
The following are some of the pregnancy dos:See your doctor regularly. Prenatal care can help keep y...
Considering an Epidural? Here Are Your Top 6 Questions, Answered
Considering an Epidural? Here Are Your Top 6 Questions, AnsweredConsidering an Epidural? Here Are Your Top 6 Questions, AnsweredConsidering an Epidural? Here Are Your Top 6 Questions, AnsweredConsidering an Epidural? Here Are Your Top 6 Questions, Answered
We spoke with a top OBGYN to get the scoop on this pain-relieving procedure An epidural is a powerful form of anesthesia that numbs parts of the body ...