Which positions are more comfortable during intercourse after childbirth?

Hilda Y. Hutcherson, MD
OBGYN (Obstetrics & Gynecology)
If you’re nervous about starting intercourse again after childbirth, try woman-on-top, which allows you to con­trol the speed and depth of penetration. If you had a C-section, try lying on your sides facing each other or spooning (lying on your sides with your partner facing your back), which keeps pressure off of your incision.
The Good in Bed Guide to Sex and the Baby Years

Available at a substantial discount for a limited time only, thanks to support from K-Y(R) Brand!Once you get down to the business of baby-making, the advice will pour in: books, magazines, in-laws,...

Continue Learning about Pregnancy, Fertility and Childbirth

6 Surprises in the First Trimester
6 Surprises in the First Trimester
This past spring, as the only physician in the ER, I delivered a family’s healthy, beautiful baby right there in the critical care room. I’ve spent th...
How can I ease heartburn during pregnancy?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
One thing you can do to help reduce the amount of heartburn you have during pregnancy is avoid lying...
Should You Hire a Doula? 10 Things to Keep in Mind
Should You Hire a Doula? 10 Things to Keep in MindShould You Hire a Doula? 10 Things to Keep in MindShould You Hire a Doula? 10 Things to Keep in MindShould You Hire a Doula? 10 Things to Keep in Mind
Though only six percent of women hire them to help with pregnancy, doulas offer real benefits.
Can I Prevent Problems with Pregnancy After Age 40?