Which positions are more comfortable during intercourse after childbirth?

Hilda Y. Hutcherson, MD
OBGYN (Obstetrics & Gynecology)
If you’re nervous about starting intercourse again after childbirth, try woman-on-top, which allows you to con­trol the speed and depth of penetration. If you had a C-section, try lying on your sides facing each other or spooning (lying on your sides with your partner facing your back), which keeps pressure off of your incision.
The Good in Bed Guide to Sex and the Baby Years

Available at a substantial discount for a limited time only, thanks to support from K-Y(R) Brand!Once you get down to the business of baby-making, the advice will pour in: books, magazines, in-laws,...

Continue Learning about Pregnancy, Fertility and Childbirth

The Insider’s Guide to Healthy Hawaii: Mom Brain Explained
If you’ve ever been pregnant or spent time around expectant or new moms, you may have noticed increased lapses in memory, fatigue, absentmindedness or...
How Soon After Giving Birth Can I Have Sex?
Can I Exercise During Pregnancy?
Can I Exercise During Pregnancy?
What Is the Centering Pregnancy Model?
What Is the Centering Pregnancy Model?