How do I deal with overbearing in-laws when I'm pregnant?

Just as you're longing to care for this new life, your mom or mother-in-law is also longing to help, to pass along wisdom. Intentions may be good, but those words of wisdom can be more annoying than a broken remote control - and that can cause some serious tension. Because these cracks can become caverns, you may need to think about strategies for dealing with your relationship with your mother. Of course, one option is to talk about issues. But here's another thought: Sometimes, it might be okay to put some distance between you - to help reduce anxiety during a naturally stressful time. At the opposite end, if you, for instance are not close to your mother or have lost your mother, that can be a source of stress, too. And that's why it's important for you to find a surrogate - like a sister, aunt, or friend - who can help fill in a bit of the emptiness you may feel during this time.
YOU: Having a Baby: The Owner's Manual to a Happy and Healthy Pregnancy

Can I get a cavity filled while pregnant? Will avoiding spicy foods make my kid a picky eater? Can I really increase my baby's IQ while she's in utero? Whether you're pregnant for the first time,...

Continue Learning about Pregnancy, Fertility and Childbirth

Flu Shots Are Pregnancy-Approved
Flu Shots Are Pregnancy-Approved
The 2013 Korean movie Flu takes the fear of epidemic infection over the top, but luckily two brave docs risk everything to develop a vaccine. We love ...
Moms-to-Be, Reduce Hypertension With Exercise
Kerry Walsh Jennings was pregnant with her third child when she won her third gold medal in volleyball during the 2012 London Olympics. Her husband jo...
What medications should I avoid if I'm pregnant or trying to get pregnant?
Here's a list of medications you should avoid while pregnant: Accutane for acne. Aspirin: In rar...
Can I Prevent Problems with Pregnancy After Age 40?