Is it possible to be pregnant and not know until delivery?

Although rare, it is possible to be pregnant and not be aware of it. There are different explanations of how this might be possible. Some women have very irregular periods and may not find it abnormal to not have a period for months on end. Some women may be overweight and not be aware of changes in body shape. It is possible that some women may just deny the idea that they are pregnancy. There are also some women who always take birth control, so they would not think they could be pregnant.

Continue Learning about Pregnancy, Fertility and Childbirth

Male Postpartum Depression is Real
Male Postpartum Depression is Real
Michael Keaton, in the 1983 film Mr. Mom, put a new face on the stay-at-home dad who wades into the responsibility—and let’s face it, the down-right v...
What Is Hyperemesis Gravidarum?
What Is Hyperemesis Gravidarum?
Can I Drink Alcohol During Pregnancy?
Can I Drink Alcohol During Pregnancy?
What Is the Centering Pregnancy Model?
What Is the Centering Pregnancy Model?