How does thyroid function affect pregnancy?

You should have your thyroid hormones checked by your doctor prior to pregnancy. If it is well controlled, then you should not be at high-risk for pregnancy complications. Thyroid deficiency is associated with miscarriage and developmental problems in babies born to moms whose thyroid is not under good control.

Continue Learning about Pregnancy, Fertility and Childbirth

Dad’s Health Plays a Key Role in Baby’s Health
In the movie, Honey, I Shrunk the Kids, Rick Moranis played the part of a Dad who did his kids more harm than good. But in real life, when his wife di...
Which vaccinations should I have during pregnancy?
Wesley Medical CenterWesley Medical Center
Some vaccines can and should be given during a pregnancy, while others, specifically the ones contai...
What can I expect during my appointment with a prenatal genetic counselor?
SwedishSwedish
If you are pregnant and have unanswered questions about origins of diseases or traits in your family...
What Are the Risks for Pregnancy After Age 40?