How does thyroid function affect pregnancy?

You should have your thyroid hormones checked by your doctor prior to pregnancy. If it is well controlled, then you should not be at high-risk for pregnancy complications. Thyroid deficiency is associated with miscarriage and developmental problems in babies born to moms whose thyroid is not under good control.

Continue Learning about Pregnancy, Fertility and Childbirth

What You Can (and Can’t) Eat During Pregnancy
Two years ago, I was working overnights in the ER, drinking grande lattes and enjoying a multi-course sushi dinner for a friend’s bachelorette …. two ...
What exercises help prepare me for labor and delivery?
Kathy SniderKathy Snider
There are many research studies that have shown that regular exercise during pregnancy can provide m...
Should You Hire a Doula? 10 Things to Keep in Mind
Should You Hire a Doula? 10 Things to Keep in MindShould You Hire a Doula? 10 Things to Keep in MindShould You Hire a Doula? 10 Things to Keep in MindShould You Hire a Doula? 10 Things to Keep in Mind
Though only six percent of women hire them to help with pregnancy, doulas offer real benefits.
What Are the Risks for Pregnancy After Age 40?