How does thyroid function affect pregnancy?

You should have your thyroid hormones checked by your doctor prior to pregnancy. If it is well controlled, then you should not be at high-risk for pregnancy complications. Thyroid deficiency is associated with miscarriage and developmental problems in babies born to moms whose thyroid is not under good control.

Continue Learning about Pregnancy, Fertility and Childbirth

6 Surprises in the First Trimester
6 Surprises in the First Trimester
This past spring, as the only physician in the ER, I delivered a family’s healthy, beautiful baby right there in the critical care room. I’ve spent th...
The Insider’s Guide to Healthy Hawaii: Mom Brain Explained
If you’ve ever been pregnant or spent time around expectant or new moms, you may have noticed increased lapses in memory, fatigue, absentmindedness or...
What Should I Avoid During Pregnancy?
What Should I Avoid During Pregnancy?
What Changes Can I Expect in My Body After Giving Birth?