How do I use a kick count chart during pregnancy?

Using a kick count chart is easy! Make sure you note the day you begin counting, your due date and the time of day you will be counting at the top of the chart. Remember, each twist, turn, swish, roll or jab counts as one kick! When you have performed your kick count for Day 1, simply check the box that corresponds with the number of minutes it took for you to feel 10 kicks. For example, if it took 15 minutes, you would go down the Day 1 column until you found the line for 11-15 minutes and put your check mark in that box. If it took an hour, you would scroll down to the line for 56-60 minutes  and put your check mark there. That’s it! Repeat the same process every day for the remaining weeks of your pregnancy. Take your chart with you to your doctor visits.

Continue Learning about Pregnancy, Fertility and Childbirth

Take Charge for a Healthy Pregnancy and Baby
During pregnancy, a developing fetus is tuned-in to Mom -- reacting to her voice, tasting the food she ate for dinner, feeling her sway as she walks a...
Can I conceive another child if I am already pregnant?
In a word, yes!!  This phenomenon is called Superfetation. Such pregnancies occur when a woman conti...
How can I ease heartburn during pregnancy?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
One thing you can do to help reduce the amount of heartburn you have during pregnancy is avoid lying...
Are vivid dreams common during pregnancy?
Many pregnant women (and especially postpartum women) report that their dreams become extremely vivi...