How can I ease heartburn during pregnancy?

One thing you can do to help reduce the amount of heartburn you have during pregnancy is avoid lying completely flat and eat multiple small meals. If that's ineffective, you can add antacids, such as Tums, before every meal and at night before you go to bed. If that's ineffective in taking care of the heartburn, it's recommended you contact your health-care provider for further instructions.

Continue Learning about Pregnancy, Fertility and Childbirth

My Advice to Jessica Simpson on Pregnancy Weight Gain
Hello, my name is Nicole, and I’m a recovering over-indulger. (Everyone say, “Hi Nicole!”) I’m also pregnant with my second child. When I found out I ...
Moms-to-Be, Reduce Hypertension With Exercise
Kerry Walsh Jennings was pregnant with her third child when she won her third gold medal in volleyball during the 2012 London Olympics. Her husband jo...
How does thyroid function affect pregnancy?
Penn MedicinePenn Medicine
You should have your thyroid hormones checked by your doctor prior to pregnancy. If it is well contr...
If my pregnancy bump is wide, am I having a girl?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
This pregnancy myth is about as accurate as those that try to predict a baby's gender based on what ...