How do doctors measure a baby's development?

All ages are based on clinical age; that's two weeks from the last day of your last period. That's what most docs use, because it's easier to track than gestational age—they weren't there for fertilization, after all. Many pregnancy references use gestational age (which you get by subtracting two weeks from clinical age), so just be in tune to which number is being used if you're trying to track milestones, tests, and the like.
YOU: Having a Baby: The Owner's Manual to a Happy and Healthy Pregnancy

Can I get a cavity filled while pregnant? Will avoiding spicy foods make my kid a picky eater? Can I really increase my baby's IQ while she's in utero? Whether you're pregnant for the first time,...

Continue Learning about Pregnancy, Fertility and Childbirth

Treating the 6 Worst Skin Problems During Pregnancy
Anyone who’s been pregnant knows that it’s one of the conundrums of pregnancy -- you have sudden changes to your skin (could be multiple, occasional, ...
Why am I more prone to strains when I'm pregnant?
The hormone relaxin helps soften the connective tissues of the body - relaxing the pelvic joints, ri...
How is pregnancy treated?
Paula GreerPaula Greer
Pregnancy is a state of being and not an illness. It is not treated but enhanced with good prenatal ...
What Is the Centering Pregnancy Model?
What Is the Centering Pregnancy Model?