How do doctors measure a baby's development?

All ages are based on clinical age; that's two weeks from the last day of your last period. That's what most docs use, because it's easier to track than gestational age—they weren't there for fertilization, after all. Many pregnancy references use gestational age (which you get by subtracting two weeks from clinical age), so just be in tune to which number is being used if you're trying to track milestones, tests, and the like.
YOU: Having a Baby: The Owner's Manual to a Happy and Healthy Pregnancy

Can I get a cavity filled while pregnant? Will avoiding spicy foods make my kid a picky eater? Can I really increase my baby's IQ while she's in utero? Whether you're pregnant for the first time,...

Continue Learning about Pregnancy, Fertility and Childbirth

My Advice to Jessica Simpson on Pregnancy Weight Gain
Hello, my name is Nicole, and I’m a recovering over-indulger. (Everyone say, “Hi Nicole!”) I’m also pregnant with my second child. When I found out I ...
If I'm pregnant in the Southeast U.S., how do I prevent getting Zika virus?
Baptist Health South FloridaBaptist Health South Florida
If you are pregnant in the Southeast U.S., you can prevent getting Zika virus by not traveling to ar...
Should You Hire a Doula? 10 Things to Keep in Mind
Should You Hire a Doula? 10 Things to Keep in MindShould You Hire a Doula? 10 Things to Keep in MindShould You Hire a Doula? 10 Things to Keep in MindShould You Hire a Doula? 10 Things to Keep in Mind
Though only six percent of women hire them to help with pregnancy, doulas offer real benefits.
How Soon After Giving Birth Can I Have Sex?