How can fathers be more involved during pregnancy?

Armin Brott
Pediatrics
Go to all the OB visits. That shows the docs (and the mom-to-be) that you're serious about being involved. Ask a lot of questions.  Also, do a lot of reading. The Expectant Father: Facts, Tips, and Advice for Dads-to-Be is a good place to start.
Fathers can be an integral part of pregnancy by attending prenatal birthing classes and arranging for paternity leave after the baby is born.

To learn more tips on how fathers can play a larger role in pregnancy, watch Dr. Oz in this video.

Continue Learning about Pregnancy, Fertility and Childbirth

6 Surprises in the First Trimester
6 Surprises in the First Trimester
This past spring, as the only physician in the ER, I delivered a family’s healthy, beautiful baby right there in the critical care room. I’ve spent th...
What is hypnobirthing?
Boston Women's Health Book CollectiveBoston Women's Health Book Collective
Hypnobirthing is a specific method of hypnosis and awareness practice for birth. Many proponents cit...
Should You Hire a Doula? 10 Things to Keep in Mind
Should You Hire a Doula? 10 Things to Keep in MindShould You Hire a Doula? 10 Things to Keep in MindShould You Hire a Doula? 10 Things to Keep in MindShould You Hire a Doula? 10 Things to Keep in Mind
Though only six percent of women hire them to help with pregnancy, doulas offer real benefits.
Can Petite Women Safely Give Birth Vaginally?