How can I avoid dizzy spells during pregnancy?

Circulation changes in the body cause some pregnant women to faint. This tendency usually goes away by the second half of pregnancy. To prevent dizziness, don’t change positions suddenly; for instance, ease yourself to a standing position in stages whenever you are lying down. Toward the end of pregnancy, lying on your back may cause dizziness, so lie on your left side instead.

Continue Learning about Pregnancy, Fertility and Childbirth

What Not to Worry About When You’re Expecting
I’ll never forget the two weeks in the middle of my pregnancy when my husband and I were waiting for the results of a repeat ultrasound. I’d already h...
How does thyroid function affect pregnancy?
Penn MedicinePenn Medicine
You should have your thyroid hormones checked by your doctor prior to pregnancy. If it is well contr...
Should You Hire a Doula? 10 Things to Keep in Mind
Should You Hire a Doula? 10 Things to Keep in MindShould You Hire a Doula? 10 Things to Keep in MindShould You Hire a Doula? 10 Things to Keep in MindShould You Hire a Doula? 10 Things to Keep in Mind
Though only six percent of women hire them to help with pregnancy, doulas offer real benefits.
Can Petite Women Safely Give Birth Vaginally?