What can I do to heal my rectus or abdominal muscles after childbirth?

Diastasis recti -- abdominal or rectus muscles that are not fully healed after childbirth -- is a common condition. Learn more about this condition by watching this video with Dr. Oz.

Continue Learning about Pregnancy, Fertility and Childbirth

What You Can (and Can’t) Eat During Pregnancy
Two years ago, I was working overnights in the ER, drinking grande lattes and enjoying a multi-course sushi dinner for a friend’s bachelorette … two n...
What can cause a protruding bulge in the upper abdominal region?
A protruding bulge in the upper abdominal region could signify a number of different conditions,...
How is squatting helpful for me during pregnancy?
Boston Women's Health Book CollectiveBoston Women's Health Book Collective
One particular exercise that is helpful to pregnant women is squatting. Squatting is the natural pos...
What are "Pregnancy Category C" medications?
Prof. Kathy SniderProf. Kathy Snider
In 1979, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) provided us with a classification system that d...