Is it normal to have excess body hair during pregnancy?

The hair on your head can grow thicker and fuller during pregnancy and the same is true for body hair, probably because of an increase in the male hormones called androgens (your body produces them, too). This comes in the form of more facial hair and stray hairs on your breasts, belly, and back. Most will be gone three to six months after you give birth; in the mean time, you can safely tweeze, wax, or shave as you wish. Permanent hair-removal techniques are likely safe, but you already have enough discomfort to deal with as it is. Plus, it's a waste of money since the hair will fall out on its own anyway.
YOU: Having a Baby: The Owner's Manual to a Happy and Healthy Pregnancy

Can I get a cavity filled while pregnant? Will avoiding spicy foods make my kid a picky eater? Can I really increase my baby's IQ while she's in utero? Whether you're pregnant for the first time,...

Continue Learning about Pregnancy, Fertility and Childbirth

A Healthy Pregnancy Starts Before Conception
The Midas myth is a powerful allegory: A man can turn everything he touches into gold—but will starve to death since he cannot eat gold. The U.S. is o...
If I'm pregnant and carrying high, will I have a girl?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
This is a myth and about as accurate as a guess - it's right half the time. "Carrying high" means th...
What is a non-stress test (NST) during pregnancy?
A non-stress test (NST) is a non-invasive method of fetal evaluation used in the last trimester of p...
What Is the Centering Pregnancy Model?
What Is the Centering Pregnancy Model?