How does pregnancy affect the expectant dads?

Hilda Y. Hutcherson, MD
OBGYN (Obstetrics & Gynecology)

Because pregnancy’s changes are most obvious in a woman -- it’s happening in her body, after all -- we of­ten forget how this life-altering experience can affect expectant dads. Lots of men still find their pregnant partners attractive -- some are even more turned on. Aside from finding her physical transformation appealing, he may feel a sense of masculine pride knowing that he got her pregnant. And many men simply feel closer to their partners during pregnancy, which they may express sexually.

The Good in Bed Guide to Sex and the Baby Years

Available at a substantial discount for a limited time only, thanks to support from K-Y(R) Brand!Once you get down to the business of baby-making, the advice will pour in: books, magazines, in-laws,...

Continue Learning about Pregnancy, Fertility and Childbirth

Dad’s Health Plays a Key Role in Baby’s Health
In the movie, Honey, I Shrunk the Kids, Rick Moranis played the part of a Dad who did his kids more harm than good. But in real life, when his wife di...
How do doctors measure a baby's development?
All ages are based on clinical age; that's two weeks from the last day of your last period. That's w...
If my pregnancy bump is wide, am I having a girl?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
This pregnancy myth is about as accurate as those that try to predict a baby's gender based on what ...
How May Nursing My Baby Affect My Libido?