How does pregnancy affect the expectant dads?

Hilda Y. Hutcherson, MD
OBGYN (Obstetrics & Gynecology)

Because pregnancy’s changes are most obvious in a woman -- it’s happening in her body, after all -- we of­ten forget how this life-altering experience can affect expectant dads. Lots of men still find their pregnant partners attractive -- some are even more turned on. Aside from finding her physical transformation appealing, he may feel a sense of masculine pride knowing that he got her pregnant. And many men simply feel closer to their partners during pregnancy, which they may express sexually.

The Good in Bed Guide to Sex and the Baby Years

Available at a substantial discount for a limited time only, thanks to support from K-Y(R) Brand!Once you get down to the business of baby-making, the advice will pour in: books, magazines, in-laws,...

Continue Learning about Pregnancy, Fertility and Childbirth

The Importance of Post-Partum Weight Loss
It took Reese Witherspoon eight weeks; Uma Thurman six weeks; and Heidi Klum hit the Victoria's Secret runway five weeks after delivering her fourth c...
What experiences can I go through during pregnancy?
Boston Women's Health Book CollectiveBoston Women's Health Book Collective
If you are pregnant, during the coming nine months, you will experience enormous physical and emotio...
Should You Hire a Doula? 10 Things to Keep in Mind
Should You Hire a Doula? 10 Things to Keep in MindShould You Hire a Doula? 10 Things to Keep in MindShould You Hire a Doula? 10 Things to Keep in MindShould You Hire a Doula? 10 Things to Keep in Mind
Though only six percent of women hire them to help with pregnancy, doulas offer real benefits.
How May Nursing My Baby Affect My Libido?