Does having a normal amniocentesis mean my baby will be healthy?

Unfortunately, no prenatal test can guarantee a healthy baby. Regardless of age, all pregnant women have a 3% chance that their children will have a birth defect.

Continue Learning about Pregnancy, Fertility and Childbirth

Pregnancy and Opioid Addiction
Pregnancy and Opioid Addiction
Alicia Keyes craved root beer floats while pregnant with her second child, Genesis; Victoria Beckham was marmalade-crazed while carrying daughter Harp...
What should I avoid during pregnancy?
Throughout pregnancy, you should avoid certain substances to keep your baby as healthy as possible, ...
Should You Hire a Doula? 10 Things to Keep in Mind
Should You Hire a Doula? 10 Things to Keep in MindShould You Hire a Doula? 10 Things to Keep in MindShould You Hire a Doula? 10 Things to Keep in MindShould You Hire a Doula? 10 Things to Keep in Mind
Though only six percent of women hire them to help with pregnancy, doulas offer real benefits.
How Is Hyperemesis Gravidarum Treated?
How Is Hyperemesis Gravidarum Treated?