What should I avoid while using pregnancy testing kits?

A home-use pregnancy testing kit involves the collection of a urine sample to detect the presence of human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG). HCG is a hormone that is secreted only if the woman is pregnant. However, if you drink too much of any fluid before conducting this test, the presence of HCG might not be reflected in the urine sample. Avoid excessive fluid intake while using a test kit.

Continue Learning about Pregnancy, Fertility and Childbirth

Meeting the Challenge of a Healthy Pregnancy
The Midas myth is a powerful allegory: A man can turn everything he touches into gold -- but will starve to death since he cannot eat gold. The U.S. i...
What should I keep in mind during pregnancy?
Paula GreerPaula Greer
During pregnancy the key focus should be on having a healthy mom. Healthy moms grow healthy babies. ...
What is an ectopic pregnancy?
March of DimesMarch of Dimes
An ectopic pregnancy is when an embryo (fertilized egg) grows in the wrong place outside the womb, l...
Can I Exercise During Pregnancy?
Can I Exercise During Pregnancy?