How should I approach weight loss after having a baby?

You see A-list moms who can fit into their skinny jeans mere hours after pregnancy, but those cases are extremely rare. The smarter approach is a more patient one. Remember that it took you nine months to add the weight, and a realistic goal is for you to take nine months to drop it. Breastfeeding will speed it up, until the very end -- most women hang on to the last few pounds until they wean their babies. The key here, of course, is to make sure that you have sound nutrition. Any good weight-loss program is not only about the tools but also about your expectations and attitude. Be realistic and make smart choices and you will once again see the inside of your skinny jeans.

Continue Learning about Pregnancy, Fertility and Childbirth

What Not to Worry About When You’re Expecting
I’ll never forget the two weeks in the middle of my pregnancy when my husband and I were waiting for the results of a repeat ultrasound. I’d already h...
How should I care for my breasts after giving birth?
Care for the breasts after childbirth is directly related to whether or not the mother will breastfe...
What should I keep in mind during pregnancy?
Riverside Health SystemRiverside Health System
The following are some of the pregnancy dos:See your doctor regularly. Prenatal care can help keep y...
How should I care for my stitches after an episiotomy?
Brigham and Women's HospitalBrigham and Women's Hospital
It takes two to four weeks for the skin to heal after an episiotomy. Your stitches may feel uncomfor...