Is it safe to have sex if I have a pelvic prolapse?

Shelley C. Giebel, MD
OBGYN (Obstetrics & Gynecology)

As other experts have stated, it is safe to have sex with prolapse.  It is important to first empty the bladder and bowels before intercourse because sometimes leakage can occur when the vagina is put back in place.

Continue Learning about Female Reproductive System Disorders

How can I tell if I have pelvic prolapse?
Henrico Doctors' Hospital  - HCA VirginiaHenrico Doctors' Hospital - HCA Virginia
You can tell if you have pelvic prolapse based on the symptoms: pressure in the vagina something...
What increases my risk for pelvic organ prolapse?
Pregnancy and vaginal delivery of your baby are most likely to increase your risk for pelvic organ p...
What is Asherman's syndrome?
Asherman’s syndrome is a rare condition characterized by fibrosis of the endometrium, caused by the ...
What is the rate of incidence for pelvic organ prolapse?
It is estimated that approximately 9 percent of women in the United States require surgery for pelvi...