Why should I talk with my partner about money before we get married?

Too often, it seems that we treat money issues as some taboo topic. We can't talk about our financial philosophies until hubby comes home with a brand new motor boat (and then all hell breaks loose). Since financial styles affect a marriage as much as parenting styles and sexual styles, it's only smart to talk about money well before your wedding vows. Considering how many couples break up over the almighty dollar, you need to have a conversation about long-term goals, about short-term needs, about budgets, about emergency plans, and about an overall financial strategy that will keep your account (and marriage) intact.

YOU: Being Beautiful: The Owner's Manual to Inner and Outer Beauty

Most people think that beauty revolves around such things as lipstick, sweet eyes, or skinny jeans -- all those things that we can see (and obsess over) in the mirror. But the fact is that beauty...

Continue Learning about Feelings & Emotions in Relationships

Are You Hungry for Relationships?
Are You Hungry for Relationships?
When Bruce Springsteen croons “everybody’s got a hungry heart,” you can feel how desperate a person can be for love. So it’s not surprising that psych...
How can I keep the spark in my romantic relationship?
Dr. Andrea Pennington, MDDr. Andrea Pennington, MD
Try the following tips to reawaken the passion in your love life. It can be done!- Relive your first...
Why is a family called the club sandwich generation?
Boston Women's Health Book CollectiveBoston Women's Health Book Collective
A sense of family connection is important to many of us. During the time when we are going through t...
Can Both Good and Bad Health Be Socially Contagious?