Why must I demonstrate my love to my loved ones?

Kathy Sowder
Demonstrating love is important because it helps you, and it helps your loved ones; it is a win-win situation. Showing your love focuses you on loving, which helps your brain release chemicals that feel good, whether you show them in touch, speaking, writing, or doing something for them. When your loved ones receive any or all of these demonstrations of love, they are likely to feel good, and are more likely to reciprocate by wanting to show their love back to you. This is very important in nurturing, growing, and maintaining close relationships, even when it makes you feel vulnerable. Please do not assume that they already know you love them and do not need to be shown, because you are then depriving both you and them of the best parts of the relationship.
Michael T. Murray, ND
Naturopathic Medicine

Demonstrate love and appreciation. It is not enough to simply feel love in our friendships and intimate relationships; we must express these feelings. We must demonstrate to our loved ones just how important they are to us. We must continually find ways to communicate our deepest feelings through our actions, whether orally, in writing, through touch, or by our behavior. We all need to see, hear, and physically feel love and appreciation

What the Drug Companies Won't Tell You and Your Doctor Doesn't Know: The Alternative Treatments That May Change Your Life--and the Prescriptions That Could Harm You

From one of today's leading authorities on natural medicine comes a provocative look into how the pharmaceutical and medical industries have created our current health crisis and a practical guide to...

Continue Learning about Feelings & Emotions in Relationships

Could a Toxic Friendship Actually Shorten Your Life?
Good friends boost your confidence, listen when you need to vent and act as human shields when life throws you curveballs. The stress buffer that frie...
How can I fight fair?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Fighting is a healthy part of a relationship, but it doesn't have to be hurtful. Be specific about w...
Is it necessary to give 100 percent in relationships?
Lisa OzLisa Oz
In the introduction, I had said that to learn life's lessons, I needed to "show up, be willing to do...
How Can Being in a Sexless Partnership Affect My Health?