How can I move higher in life?

Lisa Oz
Health Education

Ultimately, what we seek with each other is connection - not at the base ego level where we spend most of our time, but in that core space, which makes us human. This type of union always seeks the higher good; it lives in Christ's second commandment to love our neighbor as ourselves. There's a Sanskrit word Mehmet and I learned in yoga class that embodies this ideal of living in a relationship within a single word. Namaste means "the divine in me honors the divine in you." It is a recognition of the sacred, both within ourselves and others. It implies that we are equals; we are from God; and we are here to love one another. Namaste, my friend. Namaste.

Continue Learning about Feelings & Emotions in Relationships

Are You Hungry for Relationships?
Are You Hungry for Relationships?
When Bruce Springsteen croons “everybody’s got a hungry heart,” you can feel how desperate a person can be for love. So it’s not surprising that psych...
How can I tell my spouse what's bothering me?
Kathy SowderKathy Sowder
If you are anxious about talking to you spouse about what is bothering you, practice ahead of time, ...
How can my husband’s emotions affect mine?
Though scientists don't fully understand what causes it, they do know that when some women witness t...
Can Both Good and Bad Health Be Socially Contagious?