How will I know if I'm in love?

Pheromones will clue you in that this is a person you are attracted to, but it can be hard to tell the diff erence from being “in lust” versus “in love.” Do you have anything in common? Anything to talk about? Or is it pure animal attraction?

When you are in love, you feel at your best with the object of your affection; you feel that you can be yourself (not pretend to be someone you aren’t) and be valued for it. A “soul mate” is someone with whom it’s safe to be vulnerable; you can share your feelings and intimate thoughts without fear of ridicule or betrayal. It is someone you trust, someone who will treat you with respect all the time, not just some of the time. If some of these things are true but not all, you may be in lust, or even in love with the wrong person. Look further for the right person.   

Continue Learning about Feelings & Emotions in Relationships

In This Early Stage of Online Medical Records, Is the Data Scattered?
How Does My Friend Being Obese Influence My Weight?
How Has the Rise of Social Networks Impacted Your Research on Social Relationships?
Have You Had an "Aha" Moment in Your Social Media Research?