How will I know if I'm in love?

Pheromones will clue you in that this is a person you are attracted to, but it can be hard to tell the diff erence from being “in lust” versus “in love.” Do you have anything in common? Anything to talk about? Or is it pure animal attraction?

When you are in love, you feel at your best with the object of your affection; you feel that you can be yourself (not pretend to be someone you aren’t) and be valued for it. A “soul mate” is someone with whom it’s safe to be vulnerable; you can share your feelings and intimate thoughts without fear of ridicule or betrayal. It is someone you trust, someone who will treat you with respect all the time, not just some of the time. If some of these things are true but not all, you may be in lust, or even in love with the wrong person. Look further for the right person.   

Continue Learning about Feelings & Emotions in Relationships

Could a Toxic Friendship Actually Shorten Your Life?
Good friends boost your confidence, listen when you need to vent and act as human shields when life throws you curveballs. The stress buffer that frie...
What is the role of optimism in marriage?
Dr. Kathleen HallDr. Kathleen Hall
The institution of marriage is based on optimism. I believe the definition of marriage should includ...
Why should I talk with my partner about money before we get married?
Too often, it seems that we treat money issues as some taboo topic. We can't talk about our financia...
Are Men or Women Better Communicators?
Are Men or Women Better Communicators?