How can our family learn to label emotions to be more calm?

Michele Borba
Encourage members to acknowledge their hot feelings to one another. “Watch out. I’m really getting upset.” “I’m so angry I could burst.” “I feel so frustrated that you’re not listening to me.” Labeling the feeling helps both the yeller and the receiver calm down and get a bit of perspective. Give everyone in your family permission to verbalize their feelings and then honor them by listening to their concerns.

Continue Learning about Feelings & Emotions in Relationships

How to Forgive Someone, Even When It Feels Impossible
“Forgiveness is not for anyone but yourself. It’s to release the pain, to release the incident, to recognize that it happened and things may have chan...
Why should I talk with my partner about money before we get married?
Too often, it seems that we treat money issues as some taboo topic. We can't talk about our financia...
What are the six main expressions all humans use to convey emotion?
Here's a stat that will blow every neuron in your mind: The human body is capable of making more tha...
The First Thing Every Couple Should Do
The First Thing Every Couple Should Do