Do I need to change my behavior to have good relationships?

Lisa Oz
Health Education

One of the fundamental truths of just about every human interaction is that we cannot change other people. This is a tough one. We all think that if we can get our spouse, parent, boss, friendly IRS agent to see the situation from our perspective - or we can make the repercussions of their behavior painful enough, or we can manipulate them into feeling guilty-they will stop doing whatever it is that is driving us crazy, and everything will be fine.

Maybe you do not feel this way. Maybe you do not give a rat's whisker about anyone else's choices. If so, I applaud you. You are highly evolved and are probably a monk who does not speak to other people anyway. However, if you are anything like me, this is an ongoing source of frustration in just about every relationship. It is not, however, a hopeless situation. For a mere $19.99, you too can purchase the "zap collar". . . Not really, but it was on my list. Sadly, the only real solution lies in modifying your own behavior.

Continue Learning about Feelings & Emotions in Relationships

How Long Have Social Networks Impacted Our Health?
Did Friends Influence Your Health BeforeSocial Media?
Can Cellphones Have an Adverse Effect on Relationships?
Where Do You See the Future of Social Networks Going?