What is incontinence?

In general terms, incontinence is the inability to restrain discharges or evacuations. In regards to medicine, this is typically referring to natural discharges such as urine from the bladder or feces from the intestines. It can be caused by many different factors and should be discussed with your doctor if you are suffering from this condition.

Continue Learning about Fecal Incontinence

What can I do if I have bowel incontinence?
NewYork-Presbyterian HospitalNewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
See your doctor to determine the cause of bowel incontinence. Treatment will depend on the cause and...
How does age affect my risk for accidental bowel leakage (ABL)?
David C. Fiore, MDDavid C. Fiore, MD
The likelihood of having accidental bowel leakage (ABL) increases with age. ABL, also called fecal i...
How common is fecal incontinence?
Fecal incontinence is quite common. Nearly 18 million Americans suffer from some form of fecal inc...
What are the misconceptions about accidental bowel leakage (ABL)?
ABLinfo.orgABLinfo.org
A common misconception about accidental bowel leakage (ABL) is that many people think it is a diseas...