Should I talk to my doctor about my fecal incontinence symptoms?

You should talk to your doctor if you suspect your have fecal incontinence. Fecal incontinence is not considered to be a normal part of the aging process. The symptoms of fecal incontinence can be embarrassing, and the condition can even cause painful irritation and ulcers on the skin around the anus. Treatment can help you manage your condition and may even relieve your symptoms.

Continue Learning about Fecal Incontinence

How does accidental bowel leakage (ABL) affect men?
David C. Fiore, MDDavid C. Fiore, MD
Accidental bowel leakage (ABL) affects men equally with women, unlike urinary incontinence (leaky bl...
How does age affect my risk for accidental bowel leakage (ABL)?
David C. Fiore, MDDavid C. Fiore, MD
The likelihood of having accidental bowel leakage (ABL) increases with age. ABL, also called fecal i...
How common is fecal incontinence?
ABLinfo.orgABLinfo.org
According to a recent study, nearly one in five women over the age of 40 reported an episode of acci...
A Different Kind of Incontinence
A Different Kind of Incontinence