How does anorectal ultrasonography diagnose fecal incontinence?

Anorectal ultrasonography can help diagnose fecal incontinence by allowing your doctor to see video images of the inside of your rectum. Your doctor will need to insert a wand-like device into your anus in order to perform this exam. The anorectal ultrasonograph can help your doctor evaluate any structural damage to your rectum.

Continue Learning about Fecal Incontinence Diagnosis

How can I talk to my doctor about my fecal incontinence?
Anthony L. Komaroff, MDAnthony L. Komaroff, MD
Talking to your doctor about fecal incontinence (unintended passage of stool) can cause embarras...
How does anal manometry help to diagnose fecal incontinence?
Anal manometry is one of the most common tests used in the diagnosis of fecal incontinence. For this...
What happens during a doctor's physical exam for fecal incontinence?
During a physical examination for fecal incontinence (unintended passage of stool), your clinici...
Is nutrition important for treating fecal incontinence?
Jessica CrandallJessica Crandall
Nutrition is very important and helping to treat symptoms of fecal incontinence. It usually is impro...