What are the two main types of fatty liver disease?

The two main types of fatty liver disease are nonalcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) and nonalcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH). Fatty liver disease is a process where fat infiltrates into normal liver tissue. In NAFLD, the fat hasn't caused any damage to the function of the liver. In NASH, there is fat in the liver plus signs of inflammation and liver cell damage.

Continue Learning about Fatty Liver Disease

What You Need to Know About Fatty Liver Disease
You may not be familiar with its name, but fatty liver disease, a condition that can lead to liver failure and other serious complications, is silentl...
What do I need to know about caring for someone with fatty liver disease?
Fatty liver disease (FLD) can be caused by heavy and prolonged drinking, certain medications, ...
How can I manage my fatty liver disease on a daily basis?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Fatty liver disease, whether caused by alcohol consumption or not, is managed by eliminating alcohol...
Fatty Liver Disease Is Making Millions Sick