What is the rate of prevalence for fatty liver disease?

Evidence of a fatty liver is considered almost a guarantee among people who consistently drink heavily. But about 40 percent of people who drink in moderation also may show signs of a fatty liver. When it is not found in combination with cirrhosis or more advanced stages of alcoholic liver disease, fatty liver disease alone does not typically cause symptoms, so it is possible that many people have the condition without being aware of it.

Continue Learning about Fatty Liver Disease

What You Need to Know About Fatty Liver Disease
You may not be familiar with its name, but fatty liver disease, a condition that can lead to liver failure and other serious complications, is silentl...
How can I manage my fatty liver disease on a daily basis?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Fatty liver disease, whether caused by alcohol consumption or not, is managed by eliminating alcohol...
What is fatty liver disease?
Charles R. St Hill, MDCharles R. St Hill, MD
Fatty liver disease is fatty deposits in the liver instead of normally functioning liver cells, says...
What Are the Treatment Options for Fatty Liver Disease?