Should I talk to my doctor about my fatty liver disease symptoms?

Symptoms of fatty liver disease (FLD) are not always present. Symptoms such as abdominal discomfort, unusual thirst, tiredness, jaundice, reduced appetite, nausea or weight loss may not be present until the disease has reached more serious, later stages. Therefore, if you are a heavy drinker, with or without symptoms, it may be useful to be tested. It is possible you could have fatty liver disease and contacting your doctor will be the first step in looking into a diagnosis.

Continue Learning about Fatty Liver Disease

What You Need to Know About Fatty Liver Disease
You may not be familiar with its name, but fatty liver disease, a condition that can lead to liver failure and other serious complications, is silentl...
Is fatty liver disease serious?
By itself, fat in the liver is not usually a problem. Fatty liver disease (FLD) can become serious, ...
What do I need to know about caring for someone with fatty liver disease?
Fatty liver disease (FLD) can be caused by heavy and prolonged drinking, certain medications, ...
What Is Fatty Liver Disease?
What Is Fatty Liver Disease?