Why should I eat healthy fat at the beginning of a meal?

Having healthy fat first in a meal will slow emptying of the stomach. To get this effect, you need to eat about seventy calories of fat, which is approximately a half tablespoon of olive oil, six walnuts, twelve almonds, or twenty peanuts. Having fat first is important because slowing of the emptying of the stomach means you'll feel full with less food, and you'll eat less. It also helps keep the amount of sugar in the blood at a lower consistent level, because sugar is absorbed in the intestine, which comes after the stomach. Having fat first also helps the absorption of fat-soluble nutrients such as lycopene in tomatoes and lutein in leafy vegetables, as well as the fat-soluble vitamins in nutritional supplements.
The RealAge Makeover: Take Years off Your Looks and Add Them to Your Life

Why not live at 60 feeling like you did at 35?Thousands of Americans are younger today than they were five years ago. How is that possible? By following the specific recommendations that reverse...

Continue Learning about Fats

What Are the Best Ways to Use Red Palm Oil?
Swap Regular Vegetable Oil for Canola Oil
Am I Burning Calories When I Shiver?
Am I Burning Calories When I Shiver?
Surprising Calorie Shockers
Surprising Calorie Shockers