Which fats should I eat to avoid feeling tired?

If you’re tired, you could be eating the wrong kind of fats, namely saturated or trans fats. These unhealthy fats are stored in the body rather than being utilized right away. Coconut oil and palm kernel oil are special-exception saturated oils that break down immediately in the liver and are transported to the brain to be used as fuel.
This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Fats

Why Too Much Bad Fat Makes You Fatter
Why Too Much Bad Fat Makes You Fatter
In 2013 when the world’s tallest horse, a 20-hand, two-and-three-quarter inches tall (that’s 6′ 11″) Belgian gelding named Big Jake weighed in at 2,60...
Can I consume hydrogenated peanut oil?
Michael T. Murray, NDMichael T. Murray, ND
As a matter of heart health, it is recommended that no hydrogenated peanut oil be consumed. Although...
The Best (and Worst) Fats for Your Body
The Best (and Worst) Fats for Your BodyThe Best (and Worst) Fats for Your BodyThe Best (and Worst) Fats for Your BodyThe Best (and Worst) Fats for Your Body
Protect your heart health—and much more—by choosing the right fatty foods.
Beware of Soup, Sauce and Salad Dressing