What are the side effects of eating saturated fat?

For a real happy meal that's kind to your waist, keep saturated fat low and trans fat close to zero. If your refrigerator is stocked with pepperoni pizza, cookie dough and full-fat cheeses, it's likely you're getting too much saturated fat and not enough fruits and vegetables. Saturated and trans fats boost body-wide inflammation and gunk-up your arteries. Some foods with saturated fat are healthy and can still be enjoyed, like avocados, salmon and nuts, but most others should be tossed. You'll start losing your belly fat and power-washing your arteries, too.

Continue Learning about Fats

Why Too Much Bad Fat Makes You Fatter
Why Too Much Bad Fat Makes You Fatter
In 2013 when the world’s tallest horse, a 20-hand, two-and-three-quarter inches tall (that’s 6′ 11″) Belgian gelding named Big Jake weighed in at 2,60...
How should I balance my intake of omega fatty acids?
Ms. Ashley Koff, RDMs. Ashley Koff, RD
Getting a good balance of omega fats is pretty easy. Think of your omega consumption as an orchestra...
What is the recommended daily fat intake?
Jan CampbellJan Campbell
The American Heart Association (AHA) recommends that your total fat intake for the day should be...
What Foods are Good Sources of Fat?
What Foods are Good Sources of Fat?