What are the side effects of eating saturated fat?

For a real happy meal that's kind to your waist, keep saturated fat low and trans fat close to zero. If your refrigerator is stocked with pepperoni pizza, cookie dough and full-fat cheeses, it's likely you're getting too much saturated fat and not enough fruits and vegetables. Saturated and trans fats boost body-wide inflammation and gunk-up your arteries. Some foods with saturated fat are healthy and can still be enjoyed, like avocados, salmon and nuts, but most others should be tossed. You'll start losing your belly fat and power-washing your arteries, too.

Continue Learning about Fats

Why Too Much Bad Fat Makes You Fatter
Why Too Much Bad Fat Makes You Fatter
In 2013 when the world’s tallest horse, a 20-hand, two-and-three-quarter inches tall (that’s 6′ 11″) Belgian gelding named Big Jake weighed in at 2,60...
How can I know how much fat I am eating?
Laura Motosko, MSEd, RDLaura Motosko, MSEd, RD
There are two ways to look up amount of fat grams contained in a serving of food. In packaged foods ...
The Best (and Worst) Fats for Your Body
The Best (and Worst) Fats for Your BodyThe Best (and Worst) Fats for Your BodyThe Best (and Worst) Fats for Your BodyThe Best (and Worst) Fats for Your Body
Protect your heart health—and much more—by choosing the right fatty foods.
Eat Beans to Fight Belly Fat, Heart Disease and Diabetes