What are the side effects of eating saturated fat?

For a real happy meal that's kind to your waist, keep saturated fat low and trans fat close to zero. If your refrigerator is stocked with pepperoni pizza, cookie dough and full-fat cheeses, it's likely you're getting too much saturated fat and not enough fruits and vegetables. Saturated and trans fats boost body-wide inflammation and gunk-up your arteries. Some foods with saturated fat are healthy and can still be enjoyed, like avocados, salmon and nuts, but most others should be tossed. You'll start losing your belly fat and power-washing your arteries, too.

Continue Learning about Fats

Good and Bad Fats: The Ultimate Guide
Good and Bad Fats: The Ultimate Guide
Remember when any fat was bad fat? When the only difference between a croissant and a Krispy Kreme was snob appeal? Now that (happily) science has fou...
Avoid These Bad Fats for a Better Mood
Avoid These Bad Fats for a Better Mood
Am I Burning Calories When I Shiver?
Am I Burning Calories When I Shiver?
Surprising Calorie Shockers
Surprising Calorie Shockers