What type of fat does coconut oil contain?

Keri Glassman, MS, RD
Nutrition & Dietetics Specialist
Coconut oil contains a beneficial type of saturated fat called medium chain triglycerides (MCTs), which have been shown to improve HDL cholesterol levels. Watch registered dietitian Keri Glassman, RD, explain why coconut oil is good for heart health.

Continue Learning about Fats

Trans Fat Means Trouble for Your Memory
Trans Fat Means Trouble for Your Memory
Can’t seem to remember where you set you keys? Constantly forgetting to pick up the dry-cleaning? Well put down the potato chips and step away from th...
What are the types of fatty acids?
Margaret FloydMargaret Floyd
Fatty acids are made up of carbon and hydrogen molecules. There are three types of fatty acids: ...
The Best (and Worst) Fats for Your Body
The Best (and Worst) Fats for Your BodyThe Best (and Worst) Fats for Your BodyThe Best (and Worst) Fats for Your BodyThe Best (and Worst) Fats for Your Body
Protect your heart health—and much more—by choosing the right fatty foods.
Why Should My Child Eat Healthy Fats?
Why Should My Child Eat Healthy Fats?