What type of fat does coconut oil contain?

Keri Glassman, MS, RD
Nutrition & Dietetics Specialist
Coconut oil contains a beneficial type of saturated fat called medium chain triglycerides (MCTs), which have been shown to improve HDL cholesterol levels. Watch registered dietitian Keri Glassman, RD, explain why coconut oil is good for heart health.

Continue Learning about Fats

Don’t Go to Food Extremes!
Don’t Go to Food Extremes!
On July 15, 1972 Fat Furnace Creek in Death Valley, CA, had a ground temp of 201°F. And in late July of 2013 in Siberia the temperature hit 89.6°F, me...
What are fatty acids used for in the body?
Fatty acids have many functions in the body, and play a role in: oxygen transport throughout the b...
What kind of fats are healthy to eat?
A certain amount of fat is essential to your health. Get 25% of your calories from healthy fat -- ma...
Am I Burning Calories When I Shiver?
Am I Burning Calories When I Shiver?