What are the tips to lower triglycerides?

Vandana  R. Sheth

Tips to lower Triglycerides:

• Lose weight if you are overweight
  • Quit smoking if you currently do smoke
  • Incorporate stress management activities into your life
  • Enjoy regular physical activity
  • Limit sugar and sweets
  • Limit alcohol 
  • Limit/avoid Trans fats
  • Watch your carb intake and enjoy more whole grain, high fiber choices over processed carbs
  • Consider an Omega 3 fat supplement (discuss with your physician) or ensure a regular intake of salmon, tuna, walnuts, flax seeds, chia seeds, etc.

Continue Learning about Fats

Don’t Go to Food Extremes!
Don’t Go to Food Extremes!
On July 15, 1972 Fat Furnace Creek in Death Valley, CA, had a ground temp of 201°F. And in late July of 2013 in Siberia the temperature hit 89.6°F, me...
How does the fat I eat affect my sperm?
Eating lots of saturated fat (found in red meats, processed meats, full-fat dairy products, and ...
The Best (and Worst) Fats for Your Body
The Best (and Worst) Fats for Your BodyThe Best (and Worst) Fats for Your BodyThe Best (and Worst) Fats for Your BodyThe Best (and Worst) Fats for Your Body
Protect your heart health—and much more—by choosing the right fatty foods.
How Does the Body Get Energy from the Foods We Eat?