Does olestra have any side effects?

Yes, olestra can have some side effects. Olestra can cause you to have softer or looser stools, flatulence, and a variety of other gastrointestinal problems. It can also cause poor absorption of vitamins A, D, E, and K. Before taking this or any other weight loss product you should talk to your doctor about potential risks.

Continue Learning about Fats

The Danger of a Fatty Meal
The Danger of a Fatty Meal
King Henry VIII is renowned for having six wives, two of whom he executed. But he is also an infamous glutton. He expanded the kitchens at Hampton Cou...
What is omega-7?
Ms. Ashley Koff, RDMs. Ashley Koff, RD
Omega 7, known as palmitoleic acid, may appear to have 'minor' status in the world of monounsatu...
The Best (and Worst) Fats for Your Body
The Best (and Worst) Fats for Your BodyThe Best (and Worst) Fats for Your BodyThe Best (and Worst) Fats for Your BodyThe Best (and Worst) Fats for Your Body
Protect your heart health—and much more—by choosing the right fatty foods.
What Types of Fats Should I Choose for a Healthy Diet?