Should I let my doctor know I am taking olestra?

If you are planning on using olestra, you should talk to your doctor about it. In fact, you should always let your doctor know about any weight loss product you are using so that you avoid any interactions with other medications. Olestra, in particular, can react adversely to a variety of different medical conditions, medications, and foods. Thus, it is important to discuss the proper dosage of olestra and all of the possible complications that may accompany your dosage.

Continue Learning about Fats

The Danger of a Fatty Meal
The Danger of a Fatty Meal
King Henry VIII is renowned for having six wives, two of whom he executed. But he is also an infamous glutton. He expanded the kitchens at Hampton Cou...
What should I know about odd omega fatty acids 3, 5, 7 and 9?
The odd omega fatty acids 3, 5, 7 and 9 are all healthy for you! Watch internal medicine specialist ...
What are the health benefits of omega-5?
Ms. Ashley Koff, RDMs. Ashley Koff, RD
Omega-5, otherwise known as myristoleic acid, is less common in nature -- found primarily in the see...
What Are the Health Benefits of Red Palm Oil?