How can I reduce the fat in barbecued hamburgers?

Keri Gans
To slash fat and calories, make your burgers from either ground round or sirloin and don’t make your patties the size of small Frisbees -- three ounces is enough. If you enjoy one or two burgers on the weekends (preferably on whole-grain buns, with lettuce, tomato, and low-calorie condiments), it’s not a big deal.
The Small Change Diet: 10 Steps to a Thinner, Healthier You

THE ONLY “DIET” PLAN YOU WILL EVER NEED! No deprivation, no struggles. Just ten small changes that will transform your life. Keri Gans, spokesperson for the American Dietetic Association, shares...

Continue Learning about Fats

Good and Bad Fats: The Ultimate Guide
Good and Bad Fats: The Ultimate Guide
Remember when any fat was bad fat? When the only difference between a croissant and a Krispy Kreme was snob appeal? Now that (happily) science has fou...
Why do I need to eat foods that contain fat?
Fat is a chemical compound found in most living organisms, plants and animals alike. Fat is esse...
The Best (and Worst) Fats for Your Body
The Best (and Worst) Fats for Your BodyThe Best (and Worst) Fats for Your BodyThe Best (and Worst) Fats for Your BodyThe Best (and Worst) Fats for Your Body
Protect your heart health—and much more—by choosing the right fatty foods.
What Kind of Visceral Fat In My Body Can Be Harmful?